Rope Dye Crafted Goods


A textile term referring to a thick or heavy place in the yarn. Old technology spinning frames produced yarn with unevenness. Modern yarn spinning technology produces very few slubs unless special devices are used in spinning to “engineer” them back into the yarn. Engineered slub yarns are common in denim today.

Source: Tellason Denim Terminology

Related posts


Editorial | Marc

Blue Bell

Editorial | Marc

Hip Huggers

Editorial | Marc