BDD Bring Black and Heavy Slub Jeans With Third Kickstarter
Benzak Denim Developers Return To The Crowd. What’s In It For You?
One of our rotation brands has long-since been Lennaert Nigh’s Benzak Denim Developers from Amsterdam. And, now there’s an exclusive opportunity to be part of the brand’s success and continued independence while making some serious savings on some of the best denim to drop in 2015.
BDD started with Kickstarter (and is arguably one of the few brands in recent years that have actually been successful with the platform without becoming a “Kickstarter”-brand) and they now launch their third annual campaign to fund production.
They only use Kickstarter to raise money to reach the production minimums.
That means that holding-stock will also be made although this will be sold on at the higher regular retail prices.
Let’s Get Down To Detail
Two stunning new fabrics from Collect have been carefully selected and are being introduced in the familiar styles which have been driving BDD’s success to date;
- In the slim tapered BDD-016 “black black”, a black sulphur-dyed selvedge will be available. It is the same denim that Indigofera uses, which means we just know that it will fade deliciously!
- In the slim BDD-006, a 16 oz. heavy slub selvedge is available. It’s exactly the same as the one Lennaert used for his Artisan Challenge jeans.
As always, the cornerstone characteristics of Benzak Denim Developers run right through the DNA;[row] [column size=’1/2′]
- ‘Big 3 inspired’ coin pocket
- Asymmetrical back pockets
- 3 different yarn colours in two thicknesses
- 2 types of stitch lengths
- Bull’s horns back pocket stitching
- Reversed debossed leather patch
- Beltloops stitched under waistband
- Clean lap seam at the inseams
- Union Special 43200G chain-stitched hems
- All made in Okayama, Japan
Looking Good For Your Investment
Head over to Kickstarter to learn more about the new styles and freshen up on the BDD story.
In the meantime, we are also getting behind the campaign with 20% discount on pre-orders (with September delivery) on the existing four BDD styles we have in the Denimhunters store so everyone has a chance to jump in on the ground floor and get an amazing pair of jeans at a great price.
Essentials on the new styles:[row] [column size=’1/2′]
BDD-006 heavy slub
- 16 oz. RHT selvedge denim
- US cotton
- Big slubs in both warp and weft
- Slim fit / slim leg
- Heaviest BDD jeans so far
BDD-016 “black black”
- 14 oz. RHT selvedge denim
- ‘Gunpowder’ sulphur dyed fabric (same denim that Indigofera use – i.e. we know it fades very nicely)
- Will fade in a similar way as indigo
- Slim fit / slim tapered leg
- First non-indigo BDD jeans